Why Buy Local: Winnipeg
“Buy Local” isn’t just a marketing buzz word to help boost sales for local merchants. Today’s market is increasingly globalized. Consumers and companies alike have more opportunities than ever before to buy from national (or multi-national) vendors. However, there are definite benefits to partnering with local companies.
Local businesses have a vested interest in the success of their clients and the success of the community. Plus, they have the expertise and local connections to adapt to any obstacles and ensure a quality product. Companies like AVentPro are committed to generating results for their clients.
At AVentPro, we love and support our community. We strongly believe in the “multiplier effect” of buying local — both from an individual and a company perspective. The multiplier effect is the principle that a dollar spent in the local economy stays in the local economy, spurring growth. That’s why we always encourage Manitoba-based businesses to consider other local businesses as potential partners.
The Benefits of Buying Local
Experience teaches us there are benefits associated with buying local.
- Buying local helps both money and talent stay within the Manitoba community. This, in turn, helps attract more business from the outside.
- Working with a local business offers better agility compared with national companies.
- Local business owners have formed deep personal connections with their neighbours over the years. They have earned credibility and respect from the community. This creates a huge business advantage, but it also provides a powerful social and emotional impact.
- Local business operators are heavily invested in the success of local clients. After all, these are the people they see every day at the store, around the park, or across the street. When clients win, we all win.
- Buying local is not just about dollars and cents. Stronger local businesses often result in stronger, more tight-knit communities. This trend can exert a positive influence emotionally and socially, as well as financially.
Be the Change You Want to See: Buy Local
Get the local expertise you need and contribute to a stronger local community. Be the change you want to see. Partner with and invest in other Manitoba-based companies. Explore local options first before deciding on outside partnerships. Support the people in your community. Watch how they’ll support you in return.
Here’s an example. One of our clients, NFI Group, saw great value in using AVentPro to produce their events. Here’s what NFI Group’s President and CEO, Paul Soubry, had to say about the partnership:
“The experience of working with [AVentPro] resulted in a high-quality product that we would not have been able to deliver on our own. Numerous analysts, investors, employees, and other stakeholders have reached out to us following the event, to congratulate us for the content, quality and method of delivery and overall polish of the experience.”
Their choice to buy local proved to be a great decision, and led to a great experience. Both NFI Group and AVentPro’s team reaped the rewards.
Did You Know?
- In the past 15 months, AVentPro has created over 30 part-time local jobs by partnering with Manitoba-based organizations.
- Many in-house AV companies are multi-national companies, many of which are headquartered in the United States.
- In-house suppliers often pay a commission fee of up to 50 percent to the venue. In order to pay these commissions to the venues, their pricing needs to be inflated in order to remain profitable. Money that could otherwise be used to add production value to your event.
- It’s important to negotiate your venue’s event-related fees upfront whenever possible. This way, you get the most out of your AV budget. It is always helpful to speak with your preferred AV supplier BEFORE you sign a venue contract.
Buy Local, and Strengthen the Winnipeg Community
We invite you to always consider local suppliers first before exploring your national and multi-national options. Buying local is a great way to strengthen Manitoba’s economy, and ensure a great experience for you. In addition, it positively impacts the community as a whole. If you are planning an upcoming event, be sure to consider AVentPro as a partner. Reach out to us for a quote today.