Get the Most From Your AV Partner
Curious about how to get the most out of your AV partner relationship? Looking to learn more about what the most successful companies, institutions, and event planners are doing to ensure their kick-off is a success?
The secret to planning an amazing virtual event, hybrid function, or in-person gathering is in the preparation stage. When our clients come to us with a vision in mind and a dream to make it happen, our AV hearts light up. We love partnering with creative minds and integrating the appropriate technologies to achieve your goals. Many of our clients are new to the world of bringing on a dedicated Audio Visual partner. Aside from plenty of enthusiasm and excitement, here are a few items you can bring to get the most out of every AV Partner meeting.
What Should I Bring to My AV Partner Meeting?
Many clients worry they need to become “techxperts” overnight to have a productive meeting with our team. There’s no need to prep for the technical aspects of the event. In fact, we’re here to handle the tech for you! A simple outline of your creative vision is all we need to identify optimal technology for your event. We can even make suggestions for ways to incorporate more attendees and boost engagement.
Consider these key questions to answer prior to your AV partner meeting:
- What are your goals and expectations? Do they align realistically with your industry and other pertinent demographics? If not, what might need to be adjusted to scale your vision to your demographic? We love supporting well-defined goals and outcomes!
- Who is your target audience and how would you like to reach them? In-person? Virtual? Hybrid? Our team can guide your decision-making with a little help from our clients on the impact they hope to extend. Are you looking to educate? Inspire? Forge connections and network? Is your audience localized or global? Are you anticipating a small RSVP-only crowd or opening your event to donors from across the world? Knowing the profile of your audience prior to your meeting can help better define how your event should look.
- What’s your aesthetic? Think of the mood and theme. Are you inspired by a classic event or looking to modernize with cutting-edge technology and trendy new ways to draw a crowd?
- What kind of budget are you working with? Providing a range is a great idea, so your team knows how to maximize your fiscal impact. Budget is often an ongoing conversation, and we’re happy to guide our clients to better understand equipment pricing, venues, and other items that influence the overall financial constraints.
- What are some of your favorite events? What elements did you especially find effective?
Your Event Pre-Planning Checklist
Don’t stress the days leading up to your event. A helpful list can empower our clients to feel in control of every aspect of their function. Start pre-planning now so you know exactly what to expect, especially if you’re prepping for a new event that has never been hosted before.
Set yourself up for success by:
- Meeting with your tech team. These are our Audio Visual superheroes! Our “techxperts” will facilitate all the digital technology, audio, and troubleshooting that goes into making a function great. We’ll seamlessly integrate live-streaming platforms and design your event to meet the needs of your audience. Establish a rapport early on, so we can better meet your needs throughout the life of the project. Knowing your tech is squared away can easily eliminate the stress and hassle of the planning stage. We promise our tech team’s calm, confident demeanor is contagious! Meet on-site for setup to get an idea of placement and coordination prior to the event.
- Provide all content well in advance. One of the best rules we can offer to empower our clients is that it’s easier to fix things ahead of time than in the moment. Allow a good runway for any changes or adjustments. Be sure your AV partner has all of your content ahead of time, including agendas, presenter notes, handouts, and more.
- Practice makes perfect! Rehearse with your speakers, panelists, and team. We’re here to ensure they are comfortable with the equipment, set-up and timing so everyone will be more confident when it’s go-time!
Do you have questions for our team that you’d like to add? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We’re here to empower all of your Audio Visual goals.